Sunday, August 26, 2012

My First Experimentation with Ombre Nails

I have never been so interested about ombre nail art. Theoretically I knew how to do it, but I never felt like making an effort to actually creating this design on my nails. Until I found this Andrea's Choice video.


This design is so simple and it's really fast to create. I only needed a white base colour, a make-up sponge, blue polishes and a top coat. I will definitely do this again once, because not only this deep blue-turquoise-white gradient effect reminds me of the sea, but it's such an eye-catcher mani. I must practise and improve this technique, because (as you can see) it didn't turn out that perfect. There are so many little tricks to make this design faster and easier to create such as vaseline/scotch tape on your cuticles and adding all the colours at once on your nails by drawing stripes with all of them right on the sponge.

Base colour

Used polishes:
- Essence Colour & Go Nail Polish: 76 Hard To Resist
- Rimmel I Love Lasting Finish: 198 Azure
- Kiko Nail Laquer: 340
- Essence Colour & Go: 53 You Belong to Me
- Lovely Nail Polish: White colour with no name
- Essence Nail Art Top Coat (which is totally gone by now :()

Do you like ombre nail art designs? What tricks do you use to make it easier to create?

No comments:

Post a Comment